Sharing is nice :-)

Wednesday 6 April 2016

Granny's meat grinder cookies (Cookie press recipe)

spritzcookies biscuits recipe

Somehow, yesterday my mind went back to my childhood and I remembered meat grinder cookies. My granny used to make them rather often. She liked to stick the ready cookies together using a homemade jam. But I had my own procedure for eating these sweets: first I had to lick off the jam and then enjoyed the cookies themselves :-) Yesterday my four-year-old son asked me to make some sweets together with him, so I found my granny's recipe for meat grinder cookies. We baked them and then ate them all in no time! I don't even know who ate more: my husband Robert (who descovered the cookies from my childhood for the first time and was grumbling why I had never made so delicious sweets before), my son Alessio (who was enjoying the cookies that he made by himself) or me, that went 25 years back from now... 


To make granny's meat grinder cookies you need:


  • 500g (18 oz) flour
  • 250g (9 oz) soft butter at room temperature
  • 150g (5 oz) sugar
  • 2 eggs
  • vanilla powder
  • 1 lemon or orange zest
  • 1tsp baking powder
+ cookie press attachment for a meat grinder or a cookie press


Combine all the ingredients


Mix them together to get a soft and smooth pastry. Leave it in a fridge for 30 minutes


Use a meat grinder with a cookie press part (or a cookie press) to make the cookies


Preheat the oven to 180C/356F


And bake the cookies for 15 minutes until golden brown color. Yummy!







No comments:

Post a Comment